Happy Middle of October! Doesn’t it feel weird to be halfway through the month already? While I love the middle of October (today is my birthday!), I hate how fast fall is going. I’m already planning holiday dinners, holiday plans, and thinking about Christmas gifts. Anyways, today’s post is something special. Not only is it another fall fashion Friday featuring a fall vest outfit, but it’s my birthday! With my birthday, I’m sharing 27 facts about me! If you’ve been around forever then you might already know most of these, but if you are new, welcome I’m glad you stopped by, here are some facts about me.
Fall Vest Outfit:
First, let’s talk about today’s fall fashion Friday theme: fall vest outfit. I’m a huge fan of vests. Not only do I love the added warmed they give, but I love how they accessorize any outfit. This green utility vest is a staple in my closet, pretty much all year round. In the summer, I love to layer it with tank tops or dresses to give my look an additional layer. However, in the fall, I typically add a vest to my sweaters, sweatshirts, thermals, and long-sleeve tops.
SHOP THIS POST:
27 Facts On My 27th Birthday:
Growing Up, Family, College & Adult Life //
- I don’t live in my hometown. I’m originally from a small town and grew up on 10 acres.
- For 10 years I showed market lambs at the local county fair.
- My sister is my best friend. We are 5 years apart in age, but that doesn’t stop us from being best friends. I love that she lives 90 seconds from our house.
- I started playing sports when I was 4 years old. Baseball/softball, soccer, basketball, and cross country are the sports I played.
- My natural hair is blonde and super curly, I had the most perfect ringlets.
- Fall was my thing before it was cool. Since I have a fall birthday, I’ve always loved fall. Every year I have a pumpkin pie rather than a birthday cake.
- At 16 I had knee surgery.
- My husband and I met at the end of our freshman year in college.
- Speaking of college, after 2 years, I decided not to go back.
- Ten months after dating, my now husband and I moved in together. We’ve been together for almost 7.5 years.
- I had a beautiful son at age 25. His name is Henry and he’s the perfect mix of Brad and I. We didn’t find out the gender while we were expecting and it was the best decision.
- Brad and I only want 2 kids. We also want our kids to be roughly 3 years apart.
- I enjoy all of the Star Wars and Marvel movies. My dad always liked Star Wars so I grew up watching them. He always encouraged us to be well rounded. Brad didn’t see Star Wars until he met me. Then we both got hooked on the Marvel movies.
- Baking is one of my favorite hobbies. I have my mom to thank for that. She is self taught with the help of Martha Stewart.
Fun Facts //
- I’ve been to Disney twice and can’t wait to take Brad and Henry for their first times.
- Charleston, South Carolina is a city that I absolutely love.
- I don’t have a favorite color but I prefer black, pale pink/blush, and pistachio green.
- As far as colors go, I prefer more neutrals versus anything colorful. Neutrals are more calming and relaxing to me.
- Football is my favorite sport. I could spend all weekend watching football, starting on Friday with high school football, Saturday for college, and Sunday with NFL. My dad grew up a Cleveland Browns fan and past that down to me, now I’m passing it down to Henry (maybe, one day, we will see a good year, but we are doing better than the Cincinnati Bengals this year).
- Traditions are my favorite. I love creating traditions to follow each season and holiday.
- Spontaneity is the worst. I’m a planner, I hate not having events/appointments planned out.
- I think it’d be so cool to own a business like a bakery or bed and breakfast.
- I’m 1000% a homebody. If I have an option to go out or stay in, I’m choosing staying in. There’s just nothing better than staying in with your loved ones in the home you love.
- Reading is one of my favorite past times, however, I don’t prioritize reading as an adult. I’d love to get back to reading, so I set a goal this winter to read all of the Harry Potter books for the first time.
- I’m addicted to coffee, black coffee to be exact, all year round, all day long. I get that from my Grandpa. He would drink strong, black coffee on 90 degree days. I never understood it growing up, but I get it now.
- I love all music, but I typically go for country music. It’s not uncommon for me to be blaring 80s hair bands, old school-2000s hip hop, or classic rock.
- Visiting all 50 states is definitely on my bucket list. I’ve been to 16 states so far. Some places that I want to visit soon include: Maine & Vermont in the fall, Texas, and Pacific Northwest.
PIN FOR LATER!